Mama Post

August 30, 2016


I am going to call this my first mama post. When little miss gets here I plan on sharing a lot about what the experience was like in a Japanese hospital and our birth story. But for right now I am just growing. I wanted to talk a little bit about how I am feeling about pregnancy and the anticipation of being a mom. If that kind of thing doesn’t interest you, this post may not be for you :) Try back later - I plan on a post talking about some of the things that are different here at restaurants. 


This week I am 32 weeks. That means we have AROUND 8 weeks left. This absolutely blows my mind. My entire life I have heard parents say, “time flies”. Not until this pregnancy have I started to understand what that truly means. Children amaze me. The fact that life starts so small and grows inside another life for 9 months blows my mind. It has been thrilling to see and feel our baby as she grows. What a true miracle the forming of life is.  

I feel super thankful that I have had a smooth pregnancy so far. I have not experienced many of the very hard things woman have to go through when they are growing a baby. My main complaint in the 1st and 2nd trimesters has been a few stretch marks and being tired. This trimester has definitely brought its own challenges though. I feel pretty exhausted just doing simple tasks. Sleeping is challenging and finding a comfortable position any time of day can be hard. Still, that’s not so bad considering the changes that my body is going through growing this little one. I think I have had it pretty easy compared to the experiences that I have heard from other woman. 

Everything I do is consumed with thoughts of this girl. She has taken over my mind. What I eat, what I drink, how much I drink, how I sit, how I lay, where I go (had to leave a restaurant because people were smoking), what I smell, how hot my baths are and what I wear (because nothing fits right anymore) just to name a few. 

I think this is one of the biggest differences between Sean and I. He is doing an amazing job trying to be thoughtful and kind as he tiptoes around my wild emotions. But when I really try to put my finger on the difference of how we are processing this I think it comes down to my responsibility. I think my role is already in full swing. Having to consider how what I do affects her in every moment makes her existence already so real to me. I cannot wait to hand her over to him for a bit and let Daddy take a turn carrying her around :)


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts